AN EVENT FOR ENTREPRENEURS
Petition to Sunshine Coast Council
Shawn and Sandi from Paradise Seaplanes would appreciate your support for this petition to our friends at Sunshine Coast Council in regards to allowing a 3-month trial permit for our seaplane to operate from the beach at Pumicestone Passage.
A trial permit is the normal process to ensure that the decision to approve or reject an application for ongoing operations would be based on facts and feedback on the actual operation rather than on ‘feared or imagined’ impacts.
However, in this case, Cr Landsberg is blocking the trial due to concerns from conservation activist groups, who have stated to us that "it is not a good look" for them to agree to a trial permit, regardless of the evidence we have demonstrated that proves the opposite.
Should the trial prove that the seaplane is not compatible with the Pumicestone Passage, we are very happy to NOT apply for a permit. What we are asking for is a fair go!
Did you know:
• The seaplane will NOT be flying over any houses,
• is extremely quiet (61.8dB - roughly the level of normal conversation),
• has a proven safety track record operating in far more heavily congested areas than the passage,
• has enjoyed the support of residents living along the Maroochy River for the past 6 years (where we currently take off and land)
• is compatible with RAMSAR wise-use guidelines
• is carbon-neutral thanks to purchase of carbon offsets.
• we are ranked in TripAdvisor's top 10% of experiences in the world!
We believe this is something great to share with Caloundra and the world. As you know, Willy is super-quiet, our pilot is super-nice, our adventure flights are super-fun, we are super-good neighbours, the seaplane adds to the super-coolness of the location and our passengers rate us 5-stars!
Please support giving us a fair go to provide a sustainable tourism offering at Caloundra by signing and sharing this online petition.
Sign our Petition at Change.org
If you would like to write a personal letter to the Council in regard to our plight, we would welcome that also. Please send all correspondence to email@example.com and we will collate and present with our petition.
Write a letter of support for Paradise Seaplanes